Sanders can be of many types. Two of those are belt sanders and disc sanders. Depending on your need as a woodworker, these two belt sanders may only accommodate certain demands: belt sanders for larger materials and disc sanders for smaller ones. But if you are a wise woodworker, you would choose a 2-in-1 sander commonly called as Belt Disc Sanders. This combination is actually very good and useful.
If you want to know about them, below are best belt disc sander reviews to readily equip you as a woodworker.
- – Belt Sander Reviews 2016
- – Clean Your Hardwood Floor
- – Top 1X30 Belt Sander 2016
- – Top 1X42 Belt Sander 2016
- – Top 6X48 Belt Sander 2016
|Picture||Model||Editor Ratings||Our Review|
|WEN 6502|| (4.2 / 5) |
|Rockwell RK7866|| (4 / 5) |
|Rikon 50-112|| (4.1 / 5) |
|Grizzly H6070|| (4.1 / 5) |
Best Belt Disc Sanders Reviews 2016
Benefits Of Belt Disc Sanders
- Buying a belt disc sander is cost-efficient. Even if it costs higher than a belt sander or a disc sander, it actually costs cheaper in the long run than buying one of each type of sander combined.
- Choosing a belt disc sander not only saves you money, but also time and energy. This is because you don’t have to come running to a home depot looking for a disc sander upon realizing that the belt sander that you bought for your last project does not support your need for the next project. Having a 2-in-1 sander takes away that worry.
- Since belt disc sanders runs two types of sanders, they are expected to work on large woodwork projects. It can accommodate the majority of a woodworker’s needs for great results.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you tilt the platforms/working tables?
- There is actually a handle with numbers installed beside the platforms or working tables so you will know that you have adjusted the platforms or the working tables to your desired angles. You’ll just have to loosen up the handle, usually by rotating it, and move it on the angle of your preference. Tighten the handle back on to make sure that your platforms or working tables are steady.
Can it work if I use materials other than wood?
- Yes, but you will have to use more abrasive sandpapers. Other materials, like glass, may take off the abrasive grits which may have you replace it for a new one.
Belt disc sander is a woodworker’s best friend. They are trustworthy for its durability to withstand even difficult woodwork projects. Although they might be a little too heavy to bring to different locations, you can always do more with belt disc sanders. With this best belt disc sander reviews, you will surely become a more competent woodworker. Do check out the best belt sander, and wood routers too!
Last update on 2017-01-21 at 05:09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API