Best Butane Torch Reviews 2016 – 2017
If you are searching for the best butane torch that could be your companion in your culinary needs, then this article will surely benefit you.
Butane torches have a variety of uses such as in cooking and in vaporizing certain drugs. To top it all, these butane torches can also be used as lighters and in different kinds of repairs like welding and plumbing.
In this article, you will be introduced to the top leading butane torches in the market. You will also be familiarized with the tips on how to choose the right torch and how to use it.
|Picture||Model||Editor Ratings||Our Review|
|Liba Culinary|| (4 / 5) |
|Blazer GT8000|| (4.5 / 5) |
|Culinary Prestige|| (4 / 5) |
|Dremel 2200-01|| (4.1 / 5) |
|Iwatani CB-TC-PRO2|| (4.5 / 5) |
Best Butane Torch Reviews
The Liba Culinary Torch is also known as a cooking torch because it can be used to create a sustained flame. It can quickly heat the food you are using it on, making it perfect for melting cheese and caramelizing sugar for crème brulee. You can also use it to roast vegetables, so that they are crispy when you eat them.
This is considered as one of the best torches for its minute size. It is very handy and portable. If you are planning to have an out-of-town party, this will surely be a reliable companion for you.
This kitchen torch operates with the use of butane. This fuel is common to most kitchen torches. Just remember that it is explosive so extra vigilance is required when handling it. You should first read the manual on how to properly use it to avoid causing burns and fire accidents.
You may be wondering if this butane torch is safe. You don’t need to worry because it has an anti-flare technology that prevents sudden heat flare due to chemical reactions. Aside from this, it has a safety lock that prevents accidental pressing of the torch. You can lock the torch whenever it is not in use.
There are many butane torches in the market and this is one of those that are very easy to use. To start using it, you just need to turn the flame knob to let the gas flow. When you want to turn it off, you just need to simply slide the safety lock, and it will be instantly turned off.
If you want a kitchen torch than is small enough to be kept in your pocket, then the Liba Culinary Torch is the right fit for you. It will surely give you satisfaction in most of your cooking needs.
The Blazer GT8000 is known to be the best butane torch for universal purposes because it has the capability to emit a precise flame on a particular object. Due to its efficacy, it has gained popularity in the culinary setting as well for industrial purposes.
The Blazer GT8000 includes a gas-flow adjustment dial for the purpose of controlling the flame length. The gas is regulated so you will notice that the flame still remains high even if only 10% of it is left inside the torch. It is also used to avoid letting the flame get out of hand. This feature also makes the torch very durable and you can rely on it for a long period of time.
The feature that makes this torch really convenient is that there is no electrical connection needed to make it work. The piezoelectric ignition system is involved in the molecular process reaction that makes it possible for the energy to be activated to produce sparks and gas flames. It only takes 35 minutes to make it really heat up. It can heat up to 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit. You will not be worried of burn accidents because it has a manual lock.
The price tag of the Blazer GT8000 can be higher compared to other butane torches in the market. However, the good thing about this torch is that you don’t need to frequently replace it because it is not prone to wearing and damage. If you want to have a butane torch that can produce a consistent flame, then this is probably the one you are looking for.
However, you should note that this is not applicable for brazing works. The flame can be too large for brazing. This is not the best for home use; it is meant to be used for industrial purposes.
The Culinary Prestige Butane Torch is also one of the best butane torches for culinary purposes. You can use this for a variety of purposes such as searing meat, roasting vegetables, melting cheese, and making mouth-watering desserts.
This mini torch will surely leave your kitchen free from mess. Aside from this, its compact design makes it easy to store when it is not in use. You can even hang it together with other cooking utensils for easy access. You will also love its sleek design because it looks so classic and professional.
This torch is considered to be of premium quality. You can adjust the controls for the anti-flare technology. This helps in ensuring that the flame will be controlled depending on the application. It can heat up to its maximum heating point of 1300 degrees Celsius. You can set it to continuous flame to sustain it for a longer period of time and you don’t need to light it up again.
The base of this butane torch can be removed easily so that you have the option to convert it to a handheld torch. This is equipped with a non-slip feature, making it safer to carry around as a handheld torch. You will be able to control it effectively without worrying.
The design is leak-proof so you don’t need to be worried about leaks and other dangerous incidents. This product will surely give you satisfaction due to its safety and durability. Aside from this, it also has a safety lock to prevent accidental ignition.
Another feature that you will like is it is very fun and easy to use. You can use it not only in the kitchen but this can also be a very reliable torch in industrial applications because of its ability to sustain its flame.
If you would like a torch with unending possibilities and versatility, then the Culinary Prestige Butane Torch will surely be the best choice for you.
The Dremel 2200-01 is considered as a good handheld butane torch because it is easy to use and start up compared to other models in the market. There is no need for you to manually ignite the flame because it has a built-in trigger.
To make it really recommended for most users, it comes with accessories for added value. These accessories can be used for soldering, cooking, and welding. The flame is controlled with the use of variable control setting. You can set how high or low the flame is depending on the task that you need to perform.
There is also a flame secure lock-on for longer usage. This is most applicable if the task requires the butane torch to be on for a longer time. This is a product of durability and perfection and the maker of Dremel 2200-01 promises that it will be able to serve you longer if you will be able to maintain it.
The Dremel 2200-01 is an all-in-one device for different applications. You can use it for hot air emission and soldering because of the decent flame that it can emit. The edge of this torch is that it is so portable and versatile. You can carry it in anywhere and anyway you want.
If you need to perform soldering tasks away from home, then this is the perfect torch for you because there is no need to plug it. It will give you many options to accomplish different soldering tasks.
The Versa Tip comes with different accessories that you can utilize for different heat and flame applications. Other applications that you can do with this are knife-shaping, hot air tip, and knife-cutting.
The Iwatani PRO2 is perfect for charring and browning purposes. It is built like a pistol so it can be considered to be the best butane micro torch. One of the features that make this extra special is the inclusion of the stabilizing plate. This is perfect for all your cooking needs.
There is an attachment for this which is the Push n’ Twist gas cylinder. This attachment is very convenient for your heating and cooking purposes.
As a Japan-made butane torch, you are ensured that Iwatani CB-TC-PRO2 will perform well and efficiently. The quality of this torch is competitive enough to outsell other brands in the market. One thing that will convince you to buy it is its ease of use.
Butane Torch Buying Guide
There are things to consider in buying a butane torch. You cannot just buy it without knowing the specifications and features of the butane torches offered by different brands.
- Of /On Ignition – Choose a butane torch that can easily ignite upon turning it on. It means that the torch is properly functioning.
- Adjustment of Flame – It is recommended to buy a butane torch that has a control to adjust the flame. You can make it higher or lower depending on your preference.
- Safety lock – Almost all butane torches have safety locks to prevent accidental ignition. Be sure to choose a torch that has that feature.
- Versatility feature – Choose a torch that can be used in different applications like soldering, welding, and cooking.
- Design – Different brands have different designs of butane torch. You can compact ones which are very handy.
Owning a butane torch can really be helpful and convenient. However, you need to be aware that they are highly explosive that is why extreme measures should be observed. Safety could be considered first. Here are the things that you must check before buying butane torches.
- If possible, do not inhale the fumes coming from the butane torch. They are very usable in the kitchen; however, they can also pose danger to your health if you inhale the chemicals coming from it.
- Keep it away from flames and gasoline. Butane is explosive so it is a must to keep it away from things that will surely ignite it.
- Smoking is prohibited while you are using the butane torch. It can cause a spark that will lead to fire.
- Always keep it in a well-ventilated area. You should not keep it in a tight closed space without air because it can cause an explosion.
- Do not refill the torch if the butane gas is still hot. This is not a good idea because it should not come in contact with heat.
- The container where you will put the butane gas should not be substandard. Be sure that they are approved by the right authorities.
- Be sure that the containers are labelled properly to avoid accidents especially that you are dealing with highly flammable chemicals.
- If you are planning to transport your butane torch, be sure to securely lock it and bind it to prevent explosions.
- When you are using the butane gas for industrial purposes, be sure to wear protective gear like gloves and aprons to protect your skin.
- When a fire starts, work on the source of the fire first before using the fire extinguisher.
- Do not try to put out the fire alone. It is best if you ask for assistance from other authorized people.
- Throw away the cloth that you used in handling butane.
- Always have a fire extinguisher near you whenever you are working with a butane torch.
- Be sure to store the fuel away from the butane torch.
- Last but not the least; keep it away from the reach of children.
Using the Butane Torch
- Slide the gas flow control to start using the butane torch.
- You need to hear the hissing sound that signifies the presence of gas.
- You can press the ignition button to produce the flame.
- Change the size of the flame with the control knob.
- Turn it off by sliding the gas flow control level.
Refilling the Butane Torch
- Turn off the butane torch before refilling as a safety precaution.
- Always check the gas flow control and make sure that it is working properly.
- You can warm up the gas by shaking the butane container.
- When you refill, be sure that it is in proper alignment.
- Put the tip of the butane refill into the nozzle then push it.
- The pressure of the gas should be felt by the gas flow.
- Remove the butane can from the torch.
- Start within five minutes.
These are the basic tips in using the butane torch. It is understandable that not everyone is familiar in using it that is why thorough research is needed before using it.
There are many butane torches in the market and it is hard to choose which one will best fit your need. This is true especially when you are not familiar with the different products and their specifications. This is why getting basic information about the leading butane torches in the market is very helpful in your decision-making process.
You should consider the features and specifications of the different models of torches online and compare them with one another. From there, you will be able to determine which one you should purchase.
Check out other Welding tools here: