Best Knee Sleeves Reviews 2016 – 2017
Looking for the best knee sleeves is synonymous to protecting your knees from injuries from endurance and high-agility training. Even if you are not an athlete, you will likely require one if you are considering stability when lifting weights.
In case your knee gets injured, you can use the best knee compression sleeve to protect it from further trauma. Instant rehabilitation of your knees will even be facilitated. Knee sleeves are primarily designed to prevent injuries and repetition of physical damages you have had previously.
With its use, you will also observe that your knees will obtain sufficient warmth. This represents the increased blood flow in your body. Consequently, your movements will be more stable and controlled at the same time.
Nevertheless, there must be a careful selection of knee sleeves to use. To help you with the procedure, the guideline below will help:[amazon box=”B01C4TA90K,B00M9ANWO0,B00SW2O5M2,B019ZK0WS0,B01N5E3EHV” template=”table”]
Best Knee Sleeves Review
- 1 Best Knee Sleeves Review
- 2 Best Knee Sleeves Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
The Bear KompleX Knee Sleeves are not only designed to protect your knees but also generate sufficient compression and support for them. They can be used when performing different exercises such as running, power cleans, lunges, squats, double unders, box jumps, and snatches.
The knee sleeves are available at five and seven millimeter designs. You can experience high level of comfort since the sleeves fit snugly on the knees.
You can also rely on the Bear KompleX Knee Sleeves if you want to get rid of the pain on your knees. It can be useful if you have previously gone through an injury.
With the added warmth from the knee sleeves, you can anticipate improved blood circulation. This will eliminate the damage on your knees while allowing you to carry out a variety of routines. Even while performing the most strenuous workouts at the gym, these knee sleeves are constructed to provide utmost stability.
Apart from its versatile construction, it is also available in different colors. You can choose from blue camo, black, pink camo, red, purple, black camo, and neon yellow camo. Any of the colors available is appealing to both men and women.
As for the size, the product may range from small up to double extra-large models.
- Good compression
- Applicable for injured knees
- Provides sufficient warmth
- Fits snugly
- Comes in multiple colors
- Reports of poor sizing
The sleeve is made from a material that makes it secure regardless of your activities. Whether you are a beginner or a professional athlete, these knee sleeves are a good choice. It will support the joint compression of your knees and remain comfortable when worn.
Rehband Rx Knee Sleeves are made of Styrene-Butadiene rubber (SBR) and Neoprene materials. The combination of its materials enables the sleeves to remain flexible even after long-term use.
Despite frequent use, they will not inhibit your movement or cause inconvenience. In case you are also looking into knee rehabilitation, these knee sleeves are also applicable. They can make your recovery from pain or injury much faster.
The knee sleeves are designed to deal with common knee pain by supplying warmth and joint compression. Better blood circulation can also be expected from this product due to the added temperature it gives. During any type of exercise, no direct strain will affect your knee.
What makes Rehband Rx Knee Sleeves more interesting is its 3D design, which provides a contoured fit. You may even use it in competitions since it is compliant withthe International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) and International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) standards.
- Suitable for heavy workouts
- Promotes quicker knee recovery
- Provides constant stability
- Does not slide off the knee
- Comes in singles
Nordic Lifting Knee Sleeves are also designed for both men and women. If you want to upgrade your performance, these knee sleeves are a great option. With the compression generated by the sleeves, you can prevent injury and promote recovery of your muscles.
The Nordic Lifting Knee Sleeves are made of pure Neoprene. Its design includes reinforced stitches, guaranteeing that it will not simply wear out after repeated use. It is thick enough to apply warmth on the knees.
Nordic Lifting made it possible to use thick neoprene to make it suitable for heavy lifting instead of cycling or running. Nevertheless, if you do not have a problem with running or cycling with thick padding on your knees, this is still a good choice.
Other than the knee padding from the product, it also has an ergonomically designed shape. It will provide contoured fit according to your knee shape. Similar to the previous knee sleeves, it also comes with a variety of sizes. Small size ranges from 11.8 to 13 inches, medium at 13 to 14.2 inches, large at 14.2 to 15.7 inches, extra-large at 15.7 to 17 inches; and double extra-large at 17 to 18.3 inches. These sizes are suited for both men and women.
- Made for heavy lifting
- Provides sufficient warmth
- Durable neoprene
- Good fitting
- Applicable for rehabilitation
- Too tight
These knee sleeves will provide a variety of benefits for your knee’s health. They promote muscle recovery, reduce inflammation, eliminate stiffness, and get rid of the soreness altogether. With these advantages, you will be able to move freely and perform more routines at the gym.
Besides weight lifting, you can also rely on the knee sleeves for sports activities that cause too much strain on the joints, such as running, tennis, volleyball, football, hiking, and skiing among others. Runners and jumpers will definitely find Ultra Flex Athletics Knee Sleeves highly advantageous since it relieves pain from Tendonitis and Arthritis.
You can consider Ultra Flex Athletics Knee Sleeves among the most versatile products on the market. It is constructed to provide a four-point movement. The fabric that makes up the sleeve is also known for conforming to your knee shape. Thus, your mobility will not be compromised while wearing these knee sleeves.
Ultra Flex also chose neoprene as the major material making up the product because it is breathable. This is complemented by dual grip strips, which will ensure that the sleeves are in place despite traveling.
The thinness and comfort of the sleeves are highly commendable. Wearing it under your pants will not make it a discomfort or look awkward. The sleeve eliminates the need to adjust whenever you are training since it is constructed to avoid slippage. In case your knees are swelling, these sleeves are still safe to wear.
- Maximum compression
- Eliminates a variety of knee problems
- Avoids slippage
- Durable neoprene
- Lightweight and thin
- Comes in singles
As for your training, Primal Elite Knee Sleeves are also constructed to make your performance in the gym more effective. It encourages longer and harder training. You may wear it for powerlifting, weightlifting, and workout of the day (WOD) depending on your program.
While wearing Primal Elite Knee Sleeves, you can be assured of protection from pain and further injuries. The product generates compression that assists in instant recuperation. It will not be inconvenient to wear since it fits snugly on the knee.
According to its manufacturer, they have selected neoprene for the knee sleeves to ascertain its durability despite years of use. Along with the trusted knee sleeve material is its reinforced stitching, which keeps the material intact.
There are also warming effects when wearing the knee sleeves. They will keep your muscles from staying stiff, allowing a better range of motion while training. Your joints will also be sustained at a healthy condition.
Apart from serving as knee sleeves, rolling them down to your calves will make them usable for deadlifts or for shin protection.
In every package of the product, you will get a pair of knee sleeves and a gym bag. A carrier is added to make your storage of training accessories more effective.
- Provides ample knee support
- Fits comfortably
- Delivers sufficient warmth
- Useful for deadlifts
- Comes with a free bag
- Reports of early ripping
Best Knee Sleeves Buying Guide
Types of Knee Sleeves
You are most likely interested to know the answer the question “What are the best knee sleeves?” You will not be able to pinpoint the most suitable knee sleeves for you unless you know its types.
The categories of the product will give you a better idea on which of the knee sleeves designs will provide the most effective protection. Here are the types of knee sleeves available today:
1) Cloth Knee Sleeves – You may consider these as the best knee sleeves for running due to the high level of comfort them provide. More compression is also provided by this type of knee sleeves.
What comes with the compression is warmth, which is an important factor for better blood flow. Depending on the size of the sleeves, the level of compression may also vary. You may also find it in maximum thickness, giving you the freedom to use it in competitions.
2) Neoprene Knee Sleeves – These can be your options if you want to obtain mild compression and warmth while training.
Neoprene is durable, which is why it is relied upon when it comes to avoiding injuries. This material is often used for knee sleeves because it not only provides an increase in temperature but also restricts the movement of the patella. With this advantage, you will be able to perceive the joint’s position in space, which is the same way your brain will keep track of it.
Any of the types of knee sleeves is wearable even during the day or when you’re not working out. The knee sleeves will still promote better blood flow for your knees. If you often walk around, you will never know what injury risks you are up to.
With the sleeves though, you can avoid even the common injuries. If the cold season is coming, the knee sleeves are also useful to add warmth on your legs.
What to Look For When Buying
There are means of finding out which of the best knee wraps will suit your needs. You need to evaluate the attributes or features of each pair of knee sleeves prior to buying it. Until you can ensure that it complies with your standards, you should not invest into a product right away. To make your selection much easier, simply look for the following best compression knee sleeve features:
1) Material – You need to find knee sleeves that are made from uncommon synthetic options, such as nylon and cotton. By doing so, you can ensure that the product will stay longer and prevent deformation. Even in clothing, cotton or nylon can generate that fresh and comfortable feeling.
2) Doctor-Recommended – There are knee sleeves recommended by doctors. If you want to wear the sleeves because you had a previous injury, you should check with your physician for the most suitable product to use.
You cannot simply go to the nearby sports shop and select one based on price or what the sales clerk has to say. When an injury is involved, a physician would know better on what pair would promote quicker rehabilitation.
3) Design – The design of the knee sleeves also matters a lot in terms of convenience in wearing it. Look for pairs with flexible tape and opening construction. The opening design allows better mobility. Alternatively, the flexible tape is added to ensure your knee sleeves are in place even while traveling.
4) Fitment – Knee sleeves come in either a slip-on or wraparound design. The former is worn by pulling the sleeves through its opening. The latter can be placed on the front or the back portion of your knees. It has straps that allow adjustment.
5) Easy to Clean – You should look for knee sleeves that are easy to clean. At present, various knee sleeves are applicable for machine or hand washing.
Using/ Safety Tips
Once you have found the best knee support or sleeves to use, you should learn the proper means of wearing it. There are professional advice concerning this. Be reminded that the use of knee sleeves also influence how you will benefit from the product. For instance, wearing the knee sleeves loosely will not provide much protection from shocks.
To make your experience in using knee sleeves more fulfilling, follow these tips:
1) Follow the Single-Fold Wearing – There are various ways of putting on knee sleeves, but considering a single-fold wearing style is the safest. Many users of the product commit mistakes when wearing them, causing damage to the material.
To perform the wearing technique, you should turn the sleeves inside out. Afterward, you have to wear them upside down and inside out. You then have to fold the sleeve’s top inside the knee.Lastly, you have to pull the bottom of the sleeve until its entirety covers your knees. By following this technique, you will be able to wear the sleeves effectively.
2) Use It During Workout – Others forget how valuable it can be when working out. Try using it not only in the gym, but also when jumping or running, and you will see the difference. By wearing the knee sleeves, you will be able to carry out your routines for extended periods and in a safer manner. Besides, knee sleeves are made to avoid the soreness of muscles when working out.
3) Wash the Sleeves Regularly – Cleaning or washing the sleeves regularly will avoid the development of mildew on it. If you do not have time to wash it yet, you can simply turn it inside out. Afterward, allow the material to air dry. Alternatively, you may also wash it using dish soap and water. It is best to avoid using cleaners that contain chlorine and bleach since they could damage the textiles making up the product.[amazon box=”B01C4TA90K,B00M9ANWO0,B00SW2O5M2,B019ZK0WS0,B01N5E3EHV” template=”table”]
Out of all the knee sleeves listed above, it is apparent that the winner of the round-up is the pair of Bear KompleX Knee Sleeves. These knee sleeves may have exaggerated their construction, but they have met every major consideration when selecting a high-quality protective sleeve.
They are made out of 100 percent neoprene, promote rehabilitation and are designed to be functional for years. They are very helpful for training or recovery from knee injuries.You do not have to worry about compatibility since they are also ideal for a wide array of exercises.
By following the guidelines in using knee sleeves, you will surely get the most out of your workout with this product. Preventing injuries and leveling up your exercise will be much easier.