Best Torque Wrench Reviews 2016 – 2017
Most people regard the best torque wrench as a simple tool that you can easily find in your garage. This is not the case for this particular product has a specific purpose crucial in different mechanical works. One of its most valuable uses is its capability to tighten loose bolts with ease.
Have you ever wondered why there are torque wrench reviews? This is caused by the great demand for the tool. Many people find it difficult to work on their vans, cars, trucks, and motorcycles without this tool to assist them.
Every product available on the market has its different features, particularly regarding compactness and comfort when being used. Your options may also differ in price and customer satisfaction level.[amazon box=”B000MB53ZE,B00C5ZL0RU,B0028081GK,B008RIH7M6,B001222378″ template=”table”]
Best Torque Wrench Review
- 1 Best Torque Wrench Review
- 2 Best Torque Wrench Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
This torque wrench is available with dual range accuracy. It is capable of measuring either in Newton-meters (Nm) or foot-pound (ft-lbs). Upon reaching a predetermined value, this tool will alert the user with an audible clicking.
The Neiko 03713A Adjustable Torque Wrench measures 15.4 inches by 2.8 inches by 2.4 inches. The cumulative weight of the tool is 2.4 inches. Compared to other devices, this has a low torque setting which grants clear-cut tension in vulnerable applications.
The device also features reversible ratcheting which means that the ratchet head can exert defined torque force in tight spots. The Neiko 03713A Adjustable Torque Wrench is also pre-configured in the factory, guaranteeing a positive and negative four percent accuracy.
This ready-to-use tool requires less effort from its user but could generate high torque. It is constructed with a shaft of 14 inches length, providing high torque force to loosen and tighten tough bolts easily.
To adjust the torque levels, you simply have to align the grip in a diamond pattern with the standard of needed torque that is indicated in the shaft. Micro tweaks are also allowed by the zero to 10 gradient engraved into the grip.
You could be certain that the material used for the tool will last long given it is made out of chrome vanadium steel. This ensures that your torque wrench will be able to serve your needs at a longer time regardless of your job’s difficulty.
- Dual range pressure scale
- Adjustable torque levels
- Allows micrometer adjustments
- Made of chrome vanadium steel
- Last longer than its rivals
- Reports of low settings not working
This torque wrench is designed to measure force using Newton-meter or foot-pound values. It is capable of emitting a click that is highly audible and sensible whenever a set value is obtained. The tool is also designed with an easy-to-read, high contrast and dual-range scale.
This torque wrench measures 25 inches by 2 inches by 0.5 inches. You will not encounter any electronic issue with this tool provided that you could utilize its bottom handle’s micrometer to adjust the torque force. You could go as low as 25 feet-pounds to 250 feet-pounds.
In every package, you will not only get a torque wrench but you will have a storage case and an operator’s manual for the guideline in using the tool properly. Regardless of using it in low light or the contrary, its measurement will still be readable.
The TEKTON 24335 0.5 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench is also designed with ratchet head drives in both ways. Similar to standard torque wrenches, it also measures in a clockwise direction.
The construction of TEKTON 24335 0.5 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench is made of steel, giving you an assurance that it will not easily break similar to plastic counterparts. Even if you use it for long periods of time, it will not wear out or break. Upon shipment, this tool is pre-calibrated and ready to use with the accuracy of positive or negative four percent precision.
- Adjustable torque settings
- Easy-to-read measurements
- Reversible ratchet measuring in both directions
- Comes pre-calibrated for accuracy
- Made up of steel
- Reports of quick breakage
This product comes with a high impact plastic case and five-inch extension bar. This tool measures 19.2 inches by 3.1 inches by 2.5 inches. The cumulative weight of the product is 4 pounds.
Although the Gorilla Automotive TW605 Torque Wrench comes from a lesser known name in the industry, it deserves to be on the list of most recommendable torque wrenches. Primarily, its durability cannot be denied given it is made of steel all over.
This torque wrench is also designed to be adjusted in both directions, forward and backward. You can also use the torque setting found at the handle’s base to tweak the setting of torque force. The measurement may range from 20 feet-pounds to 150 feet-pounds.
Another significant feature of the Gorilla Automotive TW605 Torque Wrench is its extension bar with five-inch length. You may utilize this for small sockets with the aid of 0.5-inch fitment. The high impact case will make the tool highly portable wherever you may need to use it.
The ratchet head of the tool is enclosed with a sheet which guarantees robustness for different applications. The solid feel of the torque wrench will give you the hint that this instrument is also a probable defense tool in times of emergencies.
If you are working on small projects, this is a good choice. It could work even in the tightest spaces.
- Straightforward and practical micrometer-style settings
- Loud clicking noise
- Cumbersome and robust construction
- Comes with an extension bar
- Applicable even for smaller applications
- Poor manufacturer quality control
This torque wrench is designed to deliver accuracy of positive or negative four percent force. It is made with scales etched into its construction, showing the settings in the inch or metric measurement. The Craftsman 9-31425 Drive MicroTork Torque Wrench also comes with a twist ring having settings for locking and unlocking.
This measures 13 inches by 3 inches by 3 inches. The cumulative weight of the torque wrench is one pound. This tool wrench is designed with black and metallic color, but it is made out of steel all over.
The product comes from Craftsman family, which is known for their wide range of industrial uses. This 0.5-inch drive torque wrench can operate in all directions. Aside from the steel finish, it has a rubber finish for added grip making your greasy task faster.
The Craftsman 9-31425 Drive MicroTork Torque Wrench is also available with the micro clicker that will notify if you have reached the pre-configured setting. Relatively, the torque force can range from 20 to 150 feet-pounds. It is a dial selector whether you are using Nm or ft-lbs operation.
You could change the function of the torque wrench by only using the knob on its head. Nonetheless, it comes pre-configured and is ready-to-use.
At just one pound, this is considerably lightweight to use. However, take note that it may not have all the significant features of its rivals, such as TEKTON.
- Stable torque wrench for light applications
- Designed with rubber for improved grip
- Adjustable torque in both directions
- Maintains calibration
- Lasts long
- Freely rotates when being used
This product is a 24-inch torque wrench that could handle even the maximum torque at the most efficient way. It is constructed out of chrome vanadium steel, which is heated and forged for extra durability and robustness for demanding applications. Moreover, it has a flexible head that rotates 180 degrees, giving you better leverage and efficacy even in tight areas.
The Neiko 00206A Torque Wrench is also designed to secure sockets actually using its ball-bearing loaded with sprint. This tool is best used in loosening rusted, stuck, and stubborn bolts. As claimed by the manufacturer, it meets or even exceeds the standards of American National Standards Institute (ANSI), particularly ASME B107.110-2012.
It comes with a narrow neck perfect for tight spots. You will also find its 3/8-inch socket designed with a device which could be adjusted either in right or left direction. Compared to other torque wrenches, the Neiko 00206A Torque Wrench is simpler to use.
You could go as low as 10 to 80 feet-pounds. Every time you reach the desired torque level, you will hear an audible click. This could not be regarded as a professional wrench.
You may use it for house chores or simple repairs at the garage. Nonetheless, people commend this product as a very assistive tool despite its much low price. Remember to only use it accordingly without much force, which may lead to its breakage.
- Flexible ratchet head works at any angle
- Works even on stubborn bolts
- Averagely sized for different applications
- Provides enough leverage
- Solid construction
- Poor quality breaker bar
Best Torque Wrench Buying Guide
Types of Torque Wrench
You do not have to focus on the snap on torque wrench solely when buying your product. Before spending your hard-earned cash, ensure that you have chosen the right type of the tool. There are several categories under the tool with their similar advantages and disadvantages.
You may shorten your list more effectively if you know what category of tool to utilize. Given below are the present types of good torque wrench.
1) Electronic Torque Wrench – Since this is an advanced type of torque wrench, it has the capability to let users control its capabilities. You could get limits or determine the torque force per unit. Commonly, the torque wrench is designed with LED display.
The readings are saved in a memory stick. This small chip is stored in the tool, which may use to access the data for documentation.
2) Programmable Electronic Torque-Angle Wrench – From the name itself, it is an upgrade of the first type of torque wrench. Aside from the measurement of torque force per unit, this tool is capable of checking the threshold of tightening angle using its sensor or electronic gyroscope.
Using software, you will be able to evaluate the tightening curves, measurements, and memory readings. Commonly, this is used in automotive companies.
3) Click Wrench – It is a slightly more sophisticated type of socket wrench. Click wrench enables you to pre-configure the torque level using the mechanism of a clutch. It avoids the over-stretching of bolts which often lead to damage.
4) Hydraulic Torque Wrench – This utilizes hydraulics to enforce torque on a fastener. It has a pre-configured torque force, which has been applied since the 1960s. Compared to its counterparts, this provides the advantages of multi-tool operation, small nose radius, and lightweight builds.
5) Beam Wrench – This could be considered the most basic type of torque wrench. A lever arm separates the handle and head of the tool. Whenever a torque is exerted, a reading will be provided by a moving scale.
What to Look for When Buying the Best Torque Wrench
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for the best torque wrench for the money or your industry, there are considerations you have to make. Many people often settle with the best digital torque wrench when they can also get the level of reading accuracy with other types of the tool. Moreover, it is not recommended that you overdo choosing a product, especially if you will only utilize the tool for personal chores.
1) Find an Accurate Torque Wrench – Even the standard types of the torque wrench can guarantee the accurate reading. But still, you should check if real-life and existing users of the tool approve this. The accuracy of a torque wrench is measured by the foot-pounds pressure exerted.
As a general rule, you should look for a torque wrench that has a rating less than ±5%. There are new releases of torque wrenches that could even provide a rating of ±2%.
2) Check the Materials or Make – The make of a torque wrench must also be verified. If you are dealing with inexpensive tools, anticipate that these are made of plastic. They are still reliable, but not for a long time.
It is best to settle with torque wrenches made with metal. Plastics may be prone to premature breakage after calibration, wasting your investment.
3) Get a Good Grip – Search for torque wrenches with a good grip. Remember, you will be working on mechanical tasks involving fluid, oil, and grease. It will be difficult to use the tool unless you can hold it snugly.
4) Do Not Consider Aesthetics All the Time – It is true that digital wrenches are attractive to use. Moreover, LED display is the trend nowadays. However, if you could choose, you should always pick a durable torque wrench than a fancy-looking one without assurance of quality.
5) Select a Heavy-Duty Torque Wrench – To avoid frequent replacement of the tool especially if you use it frequently, get a professional product. Nonetheless, it is still your choice to purchase cheaper counterparts that become
Safety Tips When Using the Best Torque Wrench
A torque wrench should be utilized with care and basic knowledge of mechanical work so you could preserve its purpose for a long time. Some people do not control the force they apply to a torque wrench leading to stripping off bolts and denting their flexible tool. To avoid more expensive fixes at a later time, consider these tips.
- Adjust your device – Before using the tool, you will be guided on how to set the torque force. Configure the device according to the manufacturer’s advice. Remember to meet the perfect setting for productive work.
- Use one click – Torque wrenches, when clicked multiple times, will lead to too much tightening of bolts. Relatively, one click is enough. Always operate your tool in a steady or smooth way.
- Check the anti-clockwise or clockwise thread – The manufacturing label indicates whether you will use a tool in a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction. It is best to check its specification to avoid losing control of torque.
- Always dial the wrench to zero after use – Every time you have tightened bolts, you should set the wrench back to zero. Prevent setting it to below zero.
- Never use extensions – You should not use extensions to the handle of the torque handle. This could cause damage to the tool and the setting of the torque force will also be inaccurate.
You could begin working on different chores at home or work by getting the best torque wrench from the list, which is obviously Neiko 03713A Adjustable Torque Wrench.
Compared to other featured tools, it has a more dependable set of capabilities to work on both rigorous and small applications. Even though it is user-friendly and very easy to use, you will get professional torque wrench support from the product.
It is also designed to last long, providing you with a great investment. Its construction is perfected with chrome vanadium steel, giving you an assurance of durability that other tools may not be able to grant. Though its counterparts are also made from steel, there are reports of easy breakage.
For protection, this tool is also made to avoid damage and over-tightening. It even comes pre-calibrated for a ready-to-use advantage.
It is your choice whether to check out other torque wrenches or not. However, if you are searching for a top quality tool at a considerable price, the Neiko 03713A is a perfect choice.