External audio devices are now supported by almost all vehicles. AUX input has become a crucial part of a car’s dashboard. This is why even the search for the best AUX cable is an imperative task for drivers.
To prevent frequent replacements, you better look for a high-quality AUX cable. This does not mean you have to search for the most expensive cables since less costly AUX cable can still be reliable. It is all about evaluating the features of an AUX cable relative to your preferences.
Once you have the right auxiliary cord for your car, your car’s music will never be eliminated by worn out wiring.
Best AUX Cable Review
1. iXCC 3ft Tangle-Free Auxiliary Cable
This is a sturdy auxiliary cable that is 3 feet long and is made highly durable for long-term use. You may utilize this cable if you want to connect your tablet, Apple device, MP3 player, Samsung device, or smartphone to your car’s stereo.
As long as you have devices that are compatible with 3.5 mm jacks, this cable will highly be useful. The iXCC 3ft Tangle-Free Auxiliary Cable also has connectors made of metal that are high quality, shielded from dust, and polished for utmost protection. These connectors are also gold-plated for safeguard against corrosion.
Even if you use iXCC 3ft Tangle-Free Auxiliary Cable repeatedly, it will still withstand easy or premature wear. It generates high-quality sound with its high-end audio transmission feature. You could also be certain that no noise, feedback, or signal interference will be encountered while using the cable.
This AUX cable is perfected even for the tightest areas or most compact car dashboards. It is also easy to store. You do not have to worry about tangles or knots since it is very easy to wind. Apart from using it in your car, you may also utilize it outdoors or at home. In every package of the product, you have the perks of two-year warranty from the manufacturer.
This product received highly positive reception from various customers. According to them, this product is a great replacement for their previous AUX cables.
- Gold-plated and weather-resistant connectors
- Sufficient length
- Produces high-quality sound
- Reduces interference or background noise
- Compatible with almost all music players
- Large fittings not suitable for headphones
2. Anker 3.5mm Premium Auxiliary Audio Cable
This product is designed for universal compatibility. You can use it to play music using your iPhone, Android smartphone, tablets, or other media-playing gadgets. It fits standard 3.5 mm AUX inputs. Similar to premium headphone brands, it is made up of highly durable materials. The connectors are plated with 24K gold, ensuring the cleanest transfer of audio signals.
The incredible robustness of Anker 3.5mm Premium Auxiliary Audio Cable cannot be denied since it is constructed for over 10,000 bends lifespan. This proves to be more efficient than other audio cables. For further protection, its casing is made of metal.
Although it is made from heavy-duty materials, it has extremely narrow extensions. During use, you also do not have to remove the cases. Apparently, this product is designed for long-term use. There will be no interrupted audio connection given its ends are made of superior and durable jacks. What is more amazing about the product is its unbelievable low price at less than $10 for every package.
The Anker 3.5 mm Premium Auxiliary Audio Cable also has a sleek design. Matching your headphones, phone, or even car’s interior will not be difficult.
For every package of the product, you will get a high-quality AUX cable, customer service that’s always available and an 18-month warranty from the manufacturer. Relative to all you can get, this product is worth every purchase.
- Connects to any audio-playing device
- Over 10,000 bends lifespan
- 24K gold-plated connectors
- Pure sound quality without interference
- Cost effective
- Reports of early breakage
3. Mediabridge 3.5mm Male to Male Stereo Audio Cable
Mediabridge boasts the step down design of its auxiliary cable. It connects to both MP3 players and smartphones without compatibility issues. Even if you use bulky cases, its connectors will fit perfectly without affecting the transfer of sound signals.
The build of the Mediabridge 3.5mm Male to Male Stereo Audio Cable is highly durable. It has a premium quality connectors polished by metal. The plugs are also plated with gold for long-lasting use. It is clarified by the manufacturer that this AUX cable is not applicable for video or microphone function, which makes it similar to standard audio cords in the industry.
You will notice that the Mediabridge 3.5 mm Male to Male Stereo Audio Cable leans on its thickness for robust feel. Despite its added diameter, its flexibility is still decent. Pair this with the low resistance of its gold-plated jacks, and you will get an overall indestructible cable.
Although this has a 12-foot length option, most customers prefer 4-foot cable to avoid kinks, tangles, and knots when storing the cord. It is alike with the previously featured product with an incredibly low price.
While using your audio-playing devices, you may use this AUX cable to charge your gadgets. Signal loss will be minimal and crisp sound will be maintained. The installation of the cable is very easy. Use it the way you connect compatible devices to your car stereo.
- Surround sound experience
- Flexible jacket for tight spaces
- Gold-plated jacks for long-term use
- Compatible with almost all devices
- Plug-and-play installation
- Complaints regarding loud buzzing noise
4. Zeskit Braided Nylon 6ft Premium Audio Cable
Similar to the previously featured products, this cable supports the durability braided nylon exterior could offer. Its male connector is plated with 24k gold for further protection. It also has a step design, which means it could work even with your device casing on.
The structure of Zeskit Braided Nylon 6ft Premium Audio Cable is completed by its three-pole jack, four-pole male to four-pole female, and four-pole jack. The housing of the cable is enameled with gloss for a more appealing and protective finish. Since it is braided, getting your cable tangled will be prevented easily.
Besides the 6-foot model, Zeskit Braided Nylon Premium Audio Cable may also be obtained in longer lengths in case you prefer it. Moreover, the link between the connector and cable is protected given its aluminum housing in every end. Even if you want to walk around with headphones, the cable stays straight and free from knots.
The sound quality it produces is clean without the noise or buzzing sound. Since there is rubber insulation for the cable, sound signal will not absorb much interference. The glossy end of the cable makes it look greater.
Remember to handle this cable carefully for it is very smooth that it may slip from your fingers. However, even if it drops, the bends tangles will not be a problem.
- Gold-plated connectors
- High quality and aesthetically pleasing cable case
- Works even with audio-playing device housing
- Braided nylon exterior
- Good sound quality
- May not work after short-term use
5. Sentey LS-6620 Male to Male AUX Cable
This is a standard 3.5 mm AUX cable that is compatible with almost all types of music-playing devices. You can use it with your smartphone, MP3 phone, tablets, and portable speakers. The product is marketed as a braided metal stereo cable ideal for avoiding knots when storing.
The connector of Sentey LS-6620 Male to Male AUX Cable is coated with gold for durability. It also has a step design for phone cases. Corrosion protection is also enforced in its gold-plated connector.
Even if your device has a casing, the connection will still be firm and secured. The main difference of this product compared to other AUX cords on the market is its nylon outer coating. Even if you keep it anywhere, piled up with your valuables, it will be able to resist up to five pounds of pressure.
Another unique feature of this AUX cable is that it doesn’t have ends made of metal but you will find hard plastic instead. The advantages of hard plastic ends are its resistance against moderate pressure and flexibility. This product is available in different lengths. Existing customers recommend that you choose the six-foot model. Otherwise, this three-foot cable is enough for audio purposes.
In terms of value, Sentey LS-6620 Male to Male AUX Cable is offered at a higher price than its rivals. This can be explained by its more durable build. Others still prefer to try it given its long-term service guarantee.
- Diminishes sound interference
- Resistant to high level of pressure
- Roll-up flexibility for storage
- Generates deeper bases
- Long enough for answering phone calls
- Generates static
Best Aux Cable Buying Guide
Types of AUX Cable
Even the best AUX cables vary in materials, lengths, and categories. Prior to focusing on the features of an audio cable, you should check the type of the product it falls into. In such case, you will be able to narrow down your choices more effectively.
For instance, if you found type A more effective than the rest of AUX cord categories, you should then filter your product search under this kind.
To provide you a wider perspective regarding the best AUX cord, here are the top types of audio connectors on the market.
1) 0.25 Inch Jack Connector – This is the most commonly used connector for musical equipment. Aside from cars, you will find it utilized for guitar amplifiers and electric music instruments. From the name itself, the plug size is often 6.3 millimeters or 0.25 inch. This connector is also found with an insulating ring, which is a hoop-like component that indicates a single or mono channel link.
Note: Other terms used to describe this type are jack, phone-hack, guitar jack, and jack plug.
2) Stereo Jack Connector – This has the same size as the previous type of connector. The only difference is its capability to connect to dual channels. A stereo jack connector has a design composed of tip, ring, and sleeve or better known as TRS structure. The plug is divided into two black hoops. The pointy end represents the tip, which is followed by the ring and sleeve.
Note: Common applications of this connector are for hi-fi equipment, keyboards, pianos, and recording equipment.
3) XLR Connector – This is a balanced connector that is applicable to a variety of professional audio uses. It comes with three to seven pins and holes. You would find it constructed with roughly 2 centimeters diameter.
4) RCA Connector – You may call this AUX cable type as cinch plug, RCA plugs, and phono plug. You can somehow consider it as mini-jack plugs. Home audio and hi-fi equipment are the common devices used with this connector.
What to Look for When Buying
If you are looking for the best auxiliary cable, you should consider important aspects defining the quality of the product. Although the cables are only slim and compact in size, careful assessment of your product options is imperative. In the case of finding the best AUX cable for car, you may even utilize this product for your computer speakers and home theater system.
To begin your careful selection of AUX cable, take regard of these factors:
1) Value – You should not be reliant on the price of the product alone in evaluating an AUX cable’s quality. However, this does not mean you have to take a risk by pushing less costly cables. Customers can attest that cheap cables are not resistant to heat and prone to easy breakage.
If you are using the wires in your car, it will be a problem if the cables melt since it could slip out of your dash sockets. To select the right made of cables, find a gold-plated material free from oxygen.
Tip: The aforementioned type of cable will reduce sound quality reduction and tangling. It will also take less space.
2) Retractable – Long AUX cables are not recommended for it is prone to getting tangled either you leave it in your car or bag. Otherwise, you may consider purchasing cases that are customized for proper cable storage.
3) Color – You do not essentially have to select a black color for AUX cables. There are other shades available to choose from, which will match your car’s interior well. If possible, look for an easily seen color.
4) Audio Format – You need to identify the correct format of sound you need. Primary choices for customers are analog, stereo, digital surround, and surround sound. Among the audio formats, stereo is the most basic and commonly used in cards.
Safety Tips When Using the Best Aux Cable
Obtaining the best AUX cord for car also requires using the cable properly for the best music listening experience. If you fail to follow professional tips, you may cause your cable to wear out easily or suffer from interference. Prior to anything else, you should ensure that your car stereo has an AUX input or your cable will be useless.
1) Check the AUX Cable Ends – To sustain high quality of solution, both the cable ends must be firmly inserted in their jacks. You should not pinch the wiring at pointed angles to maintain its quality.
2) Do Not Use Your MP3 Player’s Equalizer – The equalizer of your car stereo is enough. If you still turn on the equalizer in your audio device, sound quality will be reduced and interference will be encountered.
3) Do Not Expect Further Music Information – The AUX cable is designed to transfer audio signals solely. It will not sync with your car stereo to display information about the songs being played. If you have a car mount, place your phone or MP3 player on it to get a view of the music information.
4) Use Bluetooth for Calls – Although AUX inputs are usable for phone calls, it is preferable to use Bluetooth for hands-free communication. Alternatively, if you use the AUX input, the audio or your conversation will be played through your vehicle’s speakers. Simply avoid setting your car’s volume too high to prevent feedback or echo.
5) Try It for Navigation – You may also use AUX input to play the navigation app’s audio through your car’s stereo. If you want to see the map while driving, a mount will again be useful.
6) Select Music Other Controls – The only thing you can alter while using an AUX cable is the volume of your songs. If you want to select the music to play, use the device itself.
Do not waste time and select the best AUX cable from the featured products. To make your task lighter, why not consider professionals and customers’ recommendation? Apparently, the winner of the list is iXCC 3ft Tangle-Free Auxiliary Cable.
Besides the high satisfaction rate of the product, it is designed perfectly for smartphones, which are commonly used for car stereo. Each of its components is constructed with highly durable materials, such as gold and metal. This gives you the guarantee this cable will last for long.
While ensuring long-term service, the cable is perfected for heavy duty usage with no static noise and minimal resistance. In every way, it will satisfy all customers. Even if you check its customer ratings and reviews, there are virtually minimal downsides reported about this product, which are not even major issues.
To get the most out of the product, follow the guidelines in using it properly. Alternatively, if you want to look for another best AUX cable, you may also take note of the tips in buying a high-quality one.