A lawn mower is basically a machine used to cut the grass. Riding lawn mowers have an added advantage. In this, instead of walking with the machine, these mowers have a seat and the operator controls and steers the machine while riding it.
Riding lawn mowers brought a wave in the market of gardening by providing a hassle-free- a way of mowing to homeowners. They are best suitable for people with medium to large lawns.
They are such a relaxation on your physical health and a boon for those suffering from health issues or who are not physically capable of pushing large machines.
Therefore, a lot of people have been shifting from push mowers to riding lawn mowers. Though they are bit high on price as compared to push mowers, given the benefits and features, the price tag is worth the upgrade.
Things to Keep in Mind before buying a Riding Lawn Mower
Making a purchase decision is not easy. Take a look at a few things you need to consider before making a purchase:
- Size of Lawn– Now, this is the most prominent factors to consider. For larger areas, go for a powerful mower with larger cutting widths as it helps save time. Larger the yard, more the horsepower is required.
- Turning radius– In case your lawn has a lot of obstacles, then go for a riding mower with a smaller turning radius as it allows you to make sharper turns.
- Comfort– Check for the comfortable features like a high-back seat, armrests, and an extended leg room.
- Gauge Wheels– If you have a flat property, gauge wheels may not be required, but if you have hills or bumps in your garden then gauge wheels will help to guide your deck over the grass to keep everything cut at the same height.
All the riding lawn mowers demand adequate and timely maintenance for functioning effectively.
Top 3 Best Commercial Riding Lawn Mower
1. Troy-Bilt 420cc OHV 30-Inch Premium Neighbourhood Riding Lawn Mower
Troy Bilt products are known for their performance and durability. For all those, who are looking a riding lawn mower for a medium sized landscape this one is a perfect fit for you.
The system is self-propelled and has 6 speeds. Take a look at some other features:
- Engine– It is equipped with advanced 420cc Single Troy-Bilt Engine that generates around 15 hp power and yields maximum fuel conservation and minimal emissions. It is one of the most compact models that weighs only 340 pounds and with dimensions of 65 x 34 x 25 inches. It has 1.3-Gallon Gas Tank and the best part is that it has a Fuel Sight Window that allows you to check diminishing gas levels, well in advance.
- Deck– Its deck size helps mow over narrower areas and the 18-inch turning radius lets you make sharp controlled turns. It comes with a huge 30-inch cutting deck that is constructed from premium stamped steel.
- Height Adjustment– You can adjust up to 5 variable height settings based on the kind and length of grass that you’re wading through.
- Comfort– It comes integrated with an ergonomic high back seat that ensures convenience and comfort to the user while mowing through obstacles and tight corners.
- This neighborhood mower is ideal for commercial use with a medium sized landscape and relatively even terrain
- Powerful OHV Troy-Bilt Engine with top forward speeds of 4.25 MPH and a 6-speed transmission
- Manual power take-off for fast and easy blade engagement
- The 30-Inch cutting deck featuring 5 adjustable settings couples the benefits of a standard riding mower with the size of a wide cut walk behind mower
- 18-Inch turning radius with 13×5-inch front wheels and 16×6.5-inch rear wheels
Adding on, the engine comes with a 2-year warranty from the manufacturer. The combination of affordability and performance, this product is bound to live up to your expectations.
2. Husqvarna Z254 21.5 HP Zero Turn Mower
This riding mower is perfect for large acres of lawn, as you can ride your mower while mowing your lawn. It weighs 650 pound which is a bit heavy than other lawnmowers.
It is a combination of perfect Engine, clutch, comfort and everything about this riding mower is striking.
Take a look at some of its features:
- Engine– It comes with a much powerful Kawasaki 21.5hp Fr Series Engine that is powered by Briggs and Stratton that features air filtration. These Kawasaki engines are really powerful and are used in Harley Davidson motorbikes.
- Clutches– Its electrical clutches with the steel designed blades, along with some added innovative features make it one of the best zero turn mowers.
- Ergonomics– The ergonomics of this model is really convenient and designed keeping the user in mind. You can easily move the mower to left and right without any difficulty.
- Kawasaki 21.5hp Fr Series Engine
- 54-Inch reinforced stamped cutting deck
- Electric clutch for easy blade engagement
- Dual hydro-gear EZT transmission
The steel deck reinforces durability and the added strength. Features like: anti-foot slip area bumper with integrated LED headlights that allows mowing your lawn even at night, rear engine guard and automatic park brake system are bound to grab your eyeballs.
3. Poulan Pro Briggs V-Twin Pro 22 HP Cutting Deck Zero Turn Radius Riding Mower
This lawn tractor is a perfect machine to mow your medium to large- sized lawns with any obstacles. Its zero turn radius is one of the main reasons for its trending on number one in the market.
- Engine– The P46ZX is powered by a 22 HP Briggs & Stratton Professional Series engine, known as V-Twin Pro engine. This engine can cut and trim at the speed up to 6 mph.
- Deck– A 46-inch stamped reinforced mowing deck ensures durability and large coverage while mowing, which eventually reduces the lawn mowing time to a significant extent. 46” RZ reinforced deck has a 10-year warranty.
- Maneuverability– Dual hydro-gear EZT drive system makes it easy to maneuver around your lawn and works very well under all obstacles like trees, flowerbeds, etc. The access panel is within your reach. Overall, it is very convenient and easy to operate.
- Comfort– It features the signature 15” extra-high Poulan Pro back seat that is really comfortable as you ride this mower around the lawn. The foam padded dual levers provide for an easy grip.
- Cutting Height– It features an adjustable cutting height that ranges from 1.5 in. to 4 in. in 1/2 in. increments. That means it allows you to trim as close to the ground as possible. Eventually, you are bound to use it less and save on your gas.
- 22 HP Briggs v-twin pro engine
- 46-Inch stamped reinforced deck 10-year warranty
- Hydro gear EZT transmission
- Electric clutch
- 3.5 Gallon fuel tank
A digital hour meter, a nose roller, 3 anti-scalp rollers are some of the add-ons. Some people may find it little pricey as the price is on the higher end, but then looking at a zero-turn version, it is totally worth it.
Benefits of Riding Lawn Mowers
Riding lawn mowers have a lot of advantages over the traditional push mowers. Take a look at them:
- Multi-tasker– Riding mowers can be used for multiple purposes with the addition of an attachment. To your surprise, they can even be used as snow plows. Using them, you can easily spread down fertilizers or grass seeds.
- Ease– As already stated, they are a boon for people with health issues. In simple terms, it is simply like driving a car.
- Comfort– They have easy key starts and eliminates the use of pull cords. They are perfect for mowing large lawns with ease and comfort as they have larger fuel capacity than push mowers.
- Efficiency– Riding mowers are rugged machines that can cut very thick grass. The best part is they work well, even on wet grass.
Although the market is flooded with varieties of riding lawn mowers, your personal requirements and budget are just two of the critical factors to consider when choosing the best lawn mower.
With these riding lawn mowers, mow your lawn in comfort and style.