Taking care of your pet also entails providing a place where they can stay and be safe, like the best underground dog fence. This kind of fence is impossible to be jumped over, chewed on or dug under for both small and big dogs.
An underground dog fence is very effective in keeping your dog safe without the risk of running away and getting lost. Underground fences can be installed in any areas depending on the number and sizes of your dogs.
There are several options to choose from when it comes to underground dog fences. You also need to consider many things before you start. You will find helpful tips and information about the best underground fence for you, your dog and your home.
Best Underground Dog Fence Review
If you have plenty of large dogs that you want to contain in a big space, this is the best underground dog fence for you. This dog fence can cover over 1 acre of land area and is perfect for dog breeders that are in need of huge amount of space.
This includes all the materials that you need in building your own fence. From the dog collars, contact covers, training flags, and splices to a transmitter that has a capacity of 10 acres.
Extreme Dog Fence DIY Inground Fence for Dogs is versatile and can handle small dogs to large dogs without any problems. The collar strap that comes with the package can be adjusted up to 26 inches. There is also an option for dog owners to buy more dog collars if they wish to add more dogs inside the fence.
Although it covers a big area, you won’t have a problem in setting this fence up. The package comes with high-quality materials that ensure the best quality of the product.
For those who don’t want to bury wires underground, the Extreme Dog Fence also functions above ground. It’s coated in polyethylene material and is UV resistant. The transmitter that comes with this fence also works with different frequencies. This helps avoid interference with other dog fences in the area.
Based on underground dog fence reviews, it is also equipped with a temp check and wire check functions so you can make sure that it is running well at all times.
Train your dogs more effectively with the PetSafe Yardmax Rechargeable In-Ground Pet Fencing System. This is the best underground fence that you can get with a waterproof collar that has rechargeable batteries and five levels of static correction. It also comes with a tone-only mode to make dog training easier and more effective. The easy-to-use dog collar can last up to 3 weeks of use so you don’t have to worry about recharging them all the time.
The Petsafe Yardmax is equipped with a patented Ready Test and Perfect Fit system that help you check if the collars are working. It is also made to be compatible with other products like pet barriers that prevent your pets from getting inside the house.
This product allows you to customize your dog’s playpen to fit the size of the area that you have for your pets. The buried wire also works well with the transmitter to protect your pets.
PetSafe is the leading manufacturer of underground dog fences in the USA and this assures you that this is a great product. They also give you six days a week of customer support for any problems or questions that you might have with the product. It’s very easy to build and install. The package comes with surge protectors, collars, and 500 ft of wire, training flags, contact points and transmitter.
Give your lovable pets enough space to play around in while you train them with the PetSafe Yardmax Pet Fencing System today.
Being on a tight budget doesn’t mean that you can’t provide your pets with the best underground dog fence. The SportDog In-Ground Pet Fence System is a very effective and simple system. This allows you to contain your pets in a specific area of up to 1 acre large. The package includes 1000 ft of wire, 1 receiver and a transmitter that covers an area of up to 100 acres. If you have more than one dog, you can buy additional collars, wires, and flag kits.
The SportDOG In-ground Pet Fence System is made to be very safe for dogs of all sizes including large dogs over 10 pounds. The collar that comes with this system allows you to choose among the 4 levels of static stimulation to match your pets.
You don’t have to worry about having a fence outside even on a bad weather because of its built-in lightning protection. The anti-linger also ensures that your dog would not use up the batteries too fast.
You can rely on this underground fence for comfort, safety, and effectivity in keeping your dogs in place and out of your house. It works by producing a signal from the transmitter through the wire that is buried or attached to an object to close the area.
Every dog inside the fence wears a collar containing contact points to train them so they can roam freely afterward. The system warns you using a series of beeping sound if something is not right.
The PetSafe Wireless Fence is another best underground dog fence from the USA’s leading fence manufacturer. PetSafe presents their patented battery module that is waterproof and has a great shelf life. This is an effective yet very simple product that gives you option, unlike other traditional dog fences. Aside from being effective, it’s budget-friendly, so anyone can afford to try this great product.
This wireless dog fence uses radio frequency instead of boundary wires to keep your pets contained in a certain area. The receiver collars that come with this package are only compatible with the PetSafe Wireless Fence Systems and come with four correction levels. The system is open to multiple numbers of pets as long as they each have the compatible collar. Each collar also comes with the “beep only” training mode.
This best invisible fence gives your pets their freedom and security to play around an area where they won’t get stolen or lost. It is very cost-effective and is so much cheaper than the traditional underground fences available today. You can also rely on PetSafe’s customer service to help you with any kind of problem that you may have while using it.
According to the invisible dog fence reviews, PetSafe Static Bark Collar is impressively used to train and discipline your pets. You can use this to teach your dog how to stop barking when people are sleeping or when you want some quiet time. Hurry up and get this innovative, safe and simple wireless fence for your house.
This is yet another best underground dog fence by PetSafe that provides a safe area for all of your pets. It includes ultralight collars that have four levels of corrections and a beep-only mode that is used for training. PetSafe Basic In-Ground Fence also comes with instructions that promise you only 2 weeks before your dogs are trained to the system. The batteries that come with the collar can last up to 2 months which is very convenient, especially if you are a busy person.
A great thing about PetSafe Basic In-Ground Fence is that it can be expanded to 5 acres of area space by purchasing additional flags and extra wires. You can be creative in customizing your layout and areas that you want your pet to stay away from.
There are no limits on where you can bury wires and put the flags so your dogs know where they can play with their friends. You will also enjoy the two weeks of training that involves fun activities with your pets.
PetSafe is known to be the industry’s leading manufacturer of the best invisible fence for dog. So, you can rest assured that all of the products are made with high-quality materials. They also offer the best kind of customer service that is open for 6 days a week to answer all of your queries. You can have peace of mind that you are getting your money’s worth if you choose any PetSafe fence products for your home right now.
The Best Underground Dog Fence Buying Guide
What Is an Underground Dog Fence?
An underground dog fence is used to allow your pets to roam around and play in a certain area of the house. This kind of fence usually comes with a buried wire, a transmitter and dog collars that can be controlled. This is to make sure that your dogs stay within the designated perimeter. Underground fences can be customized to the space that you have in the house but they can usually cover up an area of up to 1 acre.
Note: There are two types of underground fences: wired and wireless. You can choose any of the two to suit your preferences and lifestyle. Portable electric fences for dogs are proven to be very effective and safe for your pets.
Why Do You Need an Underground Dog Fence?
An underground dog fence cannot be jumped over, chewed through, dug under and escaped by all kinds of dogs. Once they are trained to comply with the system, they will remain in the areas that you allow them to roam. This is a great way to keep your pets outside the house at all times or out of your garden where they destroy your plants.
Another reason why you want to provide an underground fence for your dogs is so they don’t stray and get lost. If you are a dog breeder, you also need this fence to prevent your dogs from wandering around and getting stolen. It also serves as protection and security for the dogs so they won’t be involved in accidents like a hit and run.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Underground Dog Fence
- The Size of Your Dogs — The type of underground fence that you need for your dogs depend on their sizes. Most products provide a comparison table so you can see what the sizes of your dogs are. However, it gets a little bit complicated if you have a mix of dogs with different sizes. To solve this problem, there are products like invisible dog fences that are popular with people who own different sizes of dogs.
- Area Size — It’s important to consider the area where you want to put the top rated invisible dog fence around before buying your product. If you want to place the fence around a large area, you need to choose a product with thicker wires. This way, the wires will not cause too much of a resistance. It will also ensure that the transmission of a radio signal will be enough to cover the place.
Note: For larger areas, it is recommended to get underground dog fences with at least 1.55m thick wires.
- Flood/Water — If you plan to build the top dog fence around an area where there is flooding or water, you might want to consider waterproof collars. Some systems offer waterproof collars for their products so you won’t have any trouble finding them.
- Lightning — If you live in a place where lightning and storms are a risk, you need to buy an underground dog fence with a built-in lightning protector. This is to ensure that your system won’t be affected by the lightning. If this happens, it will result in your dogs’ running away once the system goes down.
How to Choose the Best Underground Dog Fence
- Consult Your Vet – Before using the best wireless dog fence, you must first visit your veterinarian to make sure that it’s healthy for your dogs. Depending on your dog’s medical records, the vet may or may not allow your dog to be trained using the collars that come with underground dog fences. This is very important to make sure that you buy an effective product.
- Plot the Area – It doesn’t matter whether you want to install the best electric dog fence on your own or you are hiring professionals to do it for you. All you need is to plot the area first. Preparing beforehand provides an easier and quicker way of installation as you already know the area and tools to be used. For example, you will be able to determine the length of the wire that you need to cover the area that you want.
- Test the Wires Before Burying – If you are installing the fence on your own, it’s best to test them above the ground before burying them. This saves you the hassle of digging up the wires if they are not responding to the transmitter or not working properly.
Note: Some underground fences also work with the wires above ground so you don’t have to bury them.
- Train the Dog – Every underground fence product comes with a manual that gives you step by step instructions on how you can train your dogs. You need to follow this manual and spend time in training your dogs until they get familiarized with the system. This is important to make sure that the product is effective. This is also to ensure that your dog stays within the perimeter that you’ve set for them.
Note: The most effective systems take as short as 48 hours to train your dogs. However, there are those that take up to 2 weeks before the dogs are completely trained.
- Check the Battery Life of the Collars – Different products give you different battery life and you need to find one that suits your lifestyle. Some products can last up to 2 months without having to be recharged or without replacing the battery. There are also products that need to be recharged every two to three weeks. You need to find a product that you feel most comfortable with to ensure that your training will be effective.
Note: Always read the product description for the battery life before purchasing your product.
Everyone loves their pets and wants them to always be safe and secured with the best underground dog fence. This kind of fence cannot be jumped over, dug under or chewed through so you are sure that your dogs will remain where you want them to be. It also gives them the freedom of being able to run around and play instead of being tied on a leash.
Having a specific area designated for pets creates a peaceful harmony between the people living in the house and their dogs. Underground dog fences also allow you to be creative and customize your own fence according to your style. The wires can be buried or invisible—depending on what you like. So, you don’t have to worry about your house looking tacky after installing the fences.
It is, indeed, a great product that all pet-owners should have. Don’t waste any more of your time and get the best underground dog fence installed in your house today.